Most answers are variants of:
- This is hacky, but I’ll fix it soon.
- This task will be easy.
- I’m almost done/ Yes, it’s done. I am just giving it a finishing touch.
- If there’s a bug, it can’t possibly be in my code.
- I’ll add the Unit Test case in the next release.
- I’ll comment and document my code later.
- It’s not a bug, it’s a feature.
- I will finish it by evening it’s almost done.
- Works on my machine
- It’s 90% done
- I’m deeply investigating requirements. Will start development soon.
- It’s just a temporary solution, it won’t be used in production.
- I’ll add it to the TODO list
- Dev: This will take 10 days:
Boss: Can you do it in 5
Dev: Sure! (Try to tell the truth because better to admit than spoiling your and your mgr image)
- My code is ‘self-documenting’. The next guy should have no problem…
- Code is compiling
- Bug is not reproducible
- I will get back .
- You can ignore that exception, it’s harmless.
- Yes it can definitely scale horizontally.
- Its a known limitation.